Disability Disaster Access & Resources Directory

If you are in immediate danger please contact your local emergency services or dial 9-1-1.
Silhoutte of power lines.

Impacted by Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Events?

During Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events, individuals with disabilities and older adults with access and functional needs are encouraged to reach out to local county government for assistance.  

As a secondary option, individuals can also reach out to specific local Independent Living Centers (ILCs) for assistance. 

If you rely on power to operate life-sustaining medical devices (CPAP, BiPAP, oxygen, communication device, power wheelchair, etc.), one of the ILCs listed in this web page may be able to assist you with costs associated with: 

  • Accessible transportation  
  • Short-term housing support during the PSPS 
  • A loaner back-up battery system
  • You can also apply for any of these services through our PSPS Resources Application page.

Search DDARC by County

Download our map and listing of Disability Disaster Access & Resource Centers (DDARCs) by county (PDF)

Print This Page Print This Page

Northern California

Tri County Independent Living (TCIL)

139 5th Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: Eureka Office: (707) 498-7233
Del Norte Office: (707) 834-2555
TTY/Video 711
Toll Free: (833) 866-8444

Serving Del Norte, Humboldt, and Trinity Counties.

Disability Action Center (DAC)

1161 East Avenue, Chico, CA 95926
Phone: (530) 893-8527
TTY: (800) 735-2929 

Redding Office:
2876 Park Marina Dr., Redding, CA 96001
Phone: (530) 242-8550 

Serving Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, and Tehama Counties.

FREED Center for Independent Living

435 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Phone: (530) 477-3333
TTY: (530) 477-8194
Toll Free: (800) 655-7732

Serving Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sierra, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.

Resources for Independent Living (RIL)

420 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 446-3074 ext 206
TTY: (916) 446-3074

Serving Sacramento and Yolo Counties.

Bay Area

Disability Services and Legal Center (DSLC)

521 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Phone: Santa Rosa Office: (707) 528-2745
Napa Office: (707) 258-0270
Ukiah Office: 463-8875
Video: (707) 331-1156

Serving Lake, Mendocino, Napa and Sonoma Counties.

Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL)

710 Fourth St
San Rafael, CA 94901
Phone: (651) 646-8342
TTY: (415) 459-7027

Serving Marin County.

Independent Living Resources of Solano & Contra Costa Counties (ILRSCC)

1850 Gateway Blvd., Ste. 120
Concord, CA 94520
Phone: Concord Office: (925) 363-7293
Contra Costa Office: (925) 754-0539
Solano Office: (707) 425-8174
TTY: 711

Serving Contra Costa and Solano Counties.

Center for Independence (CID) of Individuals with Disabilities

2001 Winward Way #103
San Mateo, CA 94404
Phone: (650) 645-1780
TTY/Video: (650) 522-9313

Serving San Francisco and San Mateo Counties.

Silicon Valley Independent Living Center (SVILC)

25 N 14th St #1000
San Jose, CA 95112
Phone: (408) 985-1242
TTY/Video: (408) 894-9012

Serving Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz Counties.

Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)

439 A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
Phone: (510) 794-5735
TTY: (510) 881-0218
Fax: (510) 881-1593

Serving Alameda County (except the cities of Oakland and Alameda)

Center for Independent Living (TheCIL)

3075 Adeline Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 841-4776
Video Phone: (510) 356-2662
Fax: (510) 881-1593

Serving Alameda (only the cities of Alameda and Oakland)

Central California

Disability Resource Agency for Independent Living (DRAIL)

1101 Sylvan Ave. Suite C105
Modesto, CA 95350
Phone: (209) 521-7260

Stockton Office:
1350 W Robinhood Dr. Suite 15
Phone: (209) 521-7260

Serving Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne Counties.

Resources for Independence Central Valley (RICV)

3008 N. Fresno St.
Fresno, CA 93703
Phone: (559) 221-2330
Toll Free: (800) 244-2274

Serving Fresno, Kings, Madera, Merced, and Tulare Counties.

Independent Living Center of Kern County (ILCKC)

5251 Office Park Dr. Suite 200
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Phone: (661) 325-1063
Toll Free: (800) 529-9541

Serving Kern County.

Southern California

Independent Living Resource Center (ILRC)

423 West Victoria St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone: (805) 963-0595
Video Phone: (805) 284-9051

Serving San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.

Rolling Start Center for Independent Living (RSI)

1955 Hunts Ln. #101
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Phone: (909) 890-9516

Serving Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.

Los Angeles

Communities Actively Living Independent & Free (CALIF)

634 S. Spring Street, 2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone: (213) 627-0477 
TTY: (213)-623-9502

Serving Downtown Los Angeles County.

Disability Community Resource Center (Formerly WCIL)

12901 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Phone: (310) 390-3611
Toll Free: (888) 851-9245

Serving West Los Angeles County.

Disabled Resources Center, Inc. (DRC)

2750 E. Spring St. Ste #100
Long Beach, CA 90806
Phone: (213) 627-0477
TTY: (562) 427-1366

Serving Los Angeles (Long Beach) and Orange

Service Center for Independent Life (SCIL)

107 S Spring St.
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 621-6722

Serving Eastern Los Angeles County and San Diego