The California Disaster Strategies Coalition consists of a broad group of community service providers and advocates working on inclusive emergency planning, response, recovery, and mitigation.
- Engage a wide range of stakeholders with a shared interest in the disaster-related rights and needs of people with disabilities
- Anticipate and identify problems people with disabilities will face in disasters
- Share good practices
- Drive program and policy changes
- Assure compliance with civil rights obligations
- Prevent harm during and after disasters
- Provide tools and resources to disaster-impacted people with disabilities, local disability organizations, and other stakeholders
- Solve problems, increase whole community inclusion, meet accessibility requirements, improve community-wide disaster resilience and optimize outcomes for all
By and for the Disability Community
To receive information regarding future calls and other disability-related emergency information from the California Disaster Strategies Coalition join the CADisasterCoalition mailing list.
Click the button below or send an email to email@example.com with the word "Subscribe" in the subject line.
CA Disaster Strategies Coalition calls - new call schedule & times
Topic Calls: 2nd Thursday of each month at 10:30 am to 12:00 noon (PST). Purpose: brief presentation 20-30 minutes || Robust discussion up to 60 minutes.
Status updates & briefing calls: 4th Thursday of each month at 10:30am to 12:00 noon (PST)